Federico Pinto Schmid
Artist Representation 2021
« Art disintegrates the fictitious buildings of rational constructions. »
Federico Pinto Schmid
Born in Tuscany, raised between Eschenlohe – Germany and Porto Ercole- Italy. Currently, Federico Pinto Schmid lives and works between Zurich and Tuscany.
Self-taught painter, his artistic research is mainly influenced by Abstract Expressionism and Italian Informalism. He was surrounded by art since he was very young. DiPinto spent a lot of time in his father’s house and studio, the sculptor and painter Mario Alexander Schmid. His father’s home was very peculiar, surrounded by nature and colours.
In Federico Pinto Schmid’s abstract paintings, clearly demarcated forms merge into colourful, energetic overall compositions.
Using different techniques, intuitively, the artist creates color fields and mixs forms, in a perfect harmony to the contest.
His artworks can be found in private collections all over the world: Switzerland, Singapore, California, Bahrain, New York, Luxembourg, Italy, among others.
Shelter from the Storm
“The most remote memory dates back to when I was 7-8 years old. I was at school and, quite often, instead of listening to my teachers I was deeply engaged in my abstract drawings made by pen at that time. I remember asking myself: will I ever be able to put together in a harmonically way curved shapes with straight ones? This and other early questions have contributed in so many ways to my current research. That is my drive to work continuously in the exploration of colours and shapes.”
Instinct and Balance
He primarily paints instinctively, starting from chaotic scenarios, then working on the composition to obtain harmony and balance between shapes and colours.His artistic research is mainly influenced by abstract expressionism, Italian Informalism and childhood memories.
His creations are a balanced synthesis between well established experience and the constant research for novelty. Applying different techniques, the artist creates harmonious but strong, energetic compositions.
Moustache on wall
He primarily paints on instinct, starting from chaotic scenarios, then working on the composition to obtain harmony and balance between shapes and colors. His creations are an amalgamation of fullness and chromatism; bridges that connect experience to the research for novelty.
Ultimo balli a Cuba VI
Meet Federico Di Pinto
- Tell us why you decided to become an artist? I can now say that artists are born , they don’t become. I didn’t even notice, it wasn’t a decision, it all came naturally.
- What kind of artist do you consider yourself? free, I do what I want.
- Do you have any mentors or advisors? not for the creative part.
- How is your artistic process for creating work? free, I never made a sketch , work on the harmony of shapes and color , everything happens by acting freely with the rules learned over time
- Name three visual artists you admire: Afro Basaldella – George Condo – Alberto
- Have you overcome any challenges in your career? Well already living of art seems to me a nice challenge to overcome.
- Has gallery representation always been your dream or working independently been more beneficial? Or both? The more visible I am, the more I sell.
- Tell us one of the weirdest or funniest moments of your career. Strange I don’t know. Funny, a beautiful exhibition in Switzerland in San Gallen , was a fun evening. I miss the live events
- What advice would you give to an emerging artist? Just try to do beautiful artworks.
- As you reflect, what has been the influencing factors in your art career? the need for independence, I could not do another job
- What are you currently working on? the search is continuous , I hope I never find what I’m looking for so I will not stop all my life
Despite the young age, DiPinto has participated in various important exhibitions in Europe. In 2018 he was awarded the “1st Prize Stendardi d’autore” in Painting. Also in 2018 he completed the artistic residences “Arte in Viaggio” in Grosseto and “Artbahnof Milano” in Milano, both in Italy. His artworks can be found in private collections all over the world: Switzerland, Singapore, California, Bahrain, New York, Luxembourg, Italy, among others.